Sunday, August 3, 2008

Being a bridesmaid

I always end up being reception host during weddings or if not a commentator or a verse reader. Until such time I told my circle of friends "ENOUGH of me being a host". I want to be a bridesmaid.

Being asked to be a bridesmaid is really an honor and privilege. But wait, I remember the first time i was a bridesmaid was at Janice and Charles wedding last 2005 i guess. I was not asked, I VOLUNTEERED myself by the way. :-) Good thing the couple, was so kind to have me part of the entourage.

I love the role. Really. I always get excited wearing the gown, as well as assisting the bride. Being a bridesmaid, is not all about make ups, uniform gowns, or the searching for a cute groomsman. We have a role to do. a role to assist the bride as well as the whole affair. She can also be a confidant, adviser, doer, or giver of some tasks.

I was chosen to be a bridesmaid again by Ana (closefriend) on her wedding last year. Take note I was chosen this time,not volunteered and I was so helpful. Look, I am enjoying the role on this pic.


Next week, I will be having the same role again and I am preparing for it. These are some helpful tips I have learned to do by being a bridesmaid.

1. Choose the best diet for you.
( I have to sweat out for me to look great and make sure the gown fits)

2. Get excited to help choose the gown and its style.
(Generally, all bridesmaids have to wear the same gowns but it matters a lot when you like what you are wearing)

3. Play ahead with your hair. Think of a best hairstyle that looks great on you. As well as the colors that match your skin.
( Remember, most single men at the wedding check on the bridesmaid line -up. Who knows, it will be a start of your great love affair)

4. Do your role at wedding. Don't make it as a beauty pageant where you will only make "pac-cute" or do the cat walk from here to there.

5. Enjoy the wedding. It can be a chance to create wonderful memories and enhance friendships.

6. Make the bride happy on her day. It's a paramount.

No comments: